Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Even the simple things get affected.....

Last night, my husband was out of town, and I did something I don't think I haver ever done before.  I ordered a pizza to be delivered.  And I was home alone.  And we all know, you can't really get a "slice" of pizza Delivered.  So, I ordered a WHOLE pizza. And did I mention, I was home ALONE.   Of course I added a "side salad" so that I wouldn't look like such a junkfood overeater to the girl i was giving my order to!

Then, as I waited for the pizza, I had all of these old ways of thinking that have been ingrained into my head as a child.  I started to scold myself for the amount of food I ordered.  I felt like I needed to call my mother and say OK OK, YES, I understand i am exceeding my carb limits and probably every other limit out there as well for the day!  Then I had to have an arguement with myself as to how I must have lost total self control if I needed to have this pizza.

So, a simple pizza becomes an internal struggle for me.  And don't you just know, at some point in the thought process I would have to scold myself for being so selfish as to eat such a frivolous meal and such a frivolous time knowing that my T1 sister couldn't.

I can see my mother standing above me saying "B, you are just eating carbs for dinner?"  Last I checked i am 44 and can eat what I want!

I will say though, when the warm, cheesey pizza was finally delivered, it was worth all my self criticism, cause now I know that I come by them honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment