Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Motivation....

A few years ago i trained for and ran the Chicago Marathon.  And for any one who has ever ran a marathon, you know there is a point (usually between mile 18-22) where you realize you either will or won't be able to continue running, and may have to start walking.  Its a decision that is SO mental and requires so much inner strength.

I thank my sister for being the source of my inner strength at my marathons.  I think about "tweets" or "blogs" of hers that I have read that discuss the honest, real, day to day pains in the ASS that go along with being a T1.  Or I think about how we all used to go trick or treating at halloween and she had to give all her candy to my brother and I and how unfair that is for a little kid.  And then I "decide" that I can keep going if she can deal with all of that.

My diabetic family has taught me that if they can do it, I can do it........

The other day, a friend of mine read my T1 sister's blog and he said to me "wow, she really keeps her A1C's TIGHT, impressive."  And I felt this sense of pride for my sister!!  Like, YEAH,,,that's MY sister!!  She makes me feel happy and motivated, because that is something that SHE did!!

So, just fyi, my sissy....I am proud of you!  Always.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, B. :-)
    It means a lot that you support me.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete