Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sigh...

Well, I spent the weekend in the hospital.  Honestly, i have had lots of symptoms lately that just don't seem to be "obvious" for the doctors to understand.  The latest diagnosis is Sjogren's Syndrome.  I had never heard of it until my doctor told me I had it and I immediately ran home and googled it.  I learned its an autoimmune disease.  Hmmm....would it make sense that I have an autoimmune disease if my sister is type 1?  Does that mean auto immune diseases run in the "family"?  Just questions I have.

Anyway, along with the unexplained symptoms and pain that I have been having lately, I wound up in the ER this weekend.  They "think" it could be a kidney stone...but, they couldn't find it on the xray, so can't confirm.  I have had one before, so...I am pretty sure I know that's what it was.  But, I also have a headache that is KILLING me that they don't seem to be able to get under control.

Just a strange weekend.  A weekend full of symptoms that hurt, and doctors that can't diagnose.  When there is no diagnosis, I start to think what I am feeling is not "real".

This is sort of a situation I wouldn't share much with my family.  I have sort of learned over the years that nothing competes with type 1.  And I have also realized that I don't want to anyway....

I think sometimes when I talk about MY health issues to my parents, they sigh and want to just pat me on the head and tell me to run along.  I think they have had their "fill" of the illness called Type 1, and there is no room for me (and, that is just an honest assessment, not trying to sound like a martyr).

BUT, today was a good day.  Today, I finally felt a little better.  Today I bought a book on Sjogren's and am trying to read all about it.  ALTHOUGH, honestly, since there isn't a full proof way to diagnose it, how do I know for SURE that I should grab on to this and "go" with it?

Sigh......

No comments:

Post a Comment