Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Always on my Mind...

Been a while since I posted, but, that's not to say Diabetes isn't always on my mind!  I was thinking one of these days that I should count the number of times I think about it a day.  Which, I guess is odd considering I don't have diabetes or live with my T1 sister anymore.  But, it hits me every day in almost everything I do.  I might be just randomly doing something like cleaning out a drawer and I'll have a memory about an insulin reaction my sister had growing up in which she was putting strange things in a drawer and that's how we realized she was low!  And, try as I might, I can't just let the memory pass without having "feelings" about it.  About how much my sister deals with and how I just don't know how she does it.  Then, sometimes I feel guilty that I got off so easy because I am not T1.

T1 is part of my identity.  It shaped me.  Trying to figure out what to "do" with that is the challenge....

No comments:

Post a Comment